Social Media Guide
Exchanging medical research and sharing novel insights is more important than ever before.
We, therefore, encourage you to share information about the Conference, and your participation in it, within your social media network – before and during the IPVC 2021 Virtual Conference.
Wondering where to start? Here’s what to do!
Facebook – Here’s how:
Twitter – Here’s how:
- A step-by-step guide – click to see
- А how-to video guide 1- click to see
- A how-to video guide 2- click to see
LinkedIn – Here’s how:
Instagram – Here’s how:
- A step-by-step guide – click to see
What happens on IPVS’ social media channels before, during and after a conference?
The IPVS social media channels:
- Provide all the general information + deadline announcements you need as soon as these become available.
- Provide all the IPVSociety- AND conference-related information, announcements, and deadlines keeping you in the loop of the latest developments every day – we make sure you don’t miss a thing about IPVS and IPVC 2021!
- Bring to your attention the latest scientific developments/journals/articles within the industry worldwide.
- Guide you through the whole IPVConference cycle stages – call for abstracts, guidelines, registration process, deadlines, etc.
- Are there for you always to answer any questions regarding IPVS and IPVC 2021!
- Create a worldwide online community by means of gathering everybody interested in PV-related information!
- Gather people like YOU – we are thereby able to create and maintain this connection between yourself and your like-minded peers and colleagues from all around the world – Join us – we need you and your work to create a better world – especially true DURING the IPVConference days – we create and maintain an all-day online conversation throughout all IPVS social media channels
- Provide latest updates and end-of-day conference video highlights, interviews with SMEs, ambassadors, speakers PLUS interactions with speakers and other participants. A chance for broader discussions post-conference.
For these and many other reasons, you NEED to be part of IPVS’ social media world!
Be sure to connect with us on:
Hashtag basics – Ours is #IPVC2021 – use it!
Stay connected and make the most out of this virtual adventure!
Make sure that you include our hashtag in your posts – then make sure you follow this hashtag in the social media’s search bars, so you get the latest developments and updates from ourselves and your colleagues attending #IPVC2021 with you in real-time!
What is a hashtag, How to “hashtag” and why include in your social media posts?
- A hashtag or this symbol “#” as it is more commonly known has become an integral part of social media.
- A hashtag is a label for content. It helps others who are interested in a certain topic, quickly find content on that same topic.
- Hashtags make it easier for you to discover posts around specific topics.
- They’re not just for Twitter anymore, either. Hashtags are effective on other social media platforms too. (Find more details on how to use hashtags for each platform below.)
How to use hashtags effectively:
- They always start with # but they won’t work if you use spaces, punctuation or symbols.
- Including hashtags in your posts means taking part in a conversation happening on that social media platform. And most importantly, it makes your posts visible in that conversation!
- For example, if you use #IPVC2021 in your Instagram posts, everybody who follows that hashtag will see your recent post in their feed. You might gain some new followers this way as well – and thereby, connect with IPVC-interested peers worldwide!
How to use and follow the IPVC 2021 hashtag:
- #IPVC2021 – this is the official IPVC 2021 Virtual Conference hashtag. Use it for all your Conference-related posts/tweets.
Some easy ways to share information about the Conference with your network:
- Live tweet from sessions, meetings and the exhibition. Be sure to mention @IPVSociety and use the hashtag #IPVC2021
- Share your highlights from sessions, using the #IPVC2021 hashtag!
- You can also retweet and repost live coverage coming from the Conference from Facebook!
- Post photos and mention @IPVSociety, and use the hashtag #IPVC2021 on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and/or Instagram. You can also like and share IPVC 2021 posts with your audience.
- Watch and share IPVC 2021 YouTube videos.
Suggested ways to connect to other participants:
- All of the above steps!
- Follow us and stay active before during and after the IPVConference on all social media channels.
The following examples are ready to be used in your social media channels! Feel free to edit these and write your own posts/tweets. Don’t forget to share pictures of your attendance from #IPVC2021!
The marked text notes are where you must add your information.
- This November I will be attending the #IPVC2021 Virtual Conference! Can’t wait to meet international colleagues from the safety of my home. Are you joining us? https://ipvconference.org/
- So many exciting topics at #IPVC2021! I look forward to discussing [insert 1 or 2 topics] with international colleagues. https://ipvconference.org/
- Can’t wait to discover the latest research in PV [or insert a topic of your interest] at #IPVC2021
Are you ready to join – maybe even lead – the #IPVC2021 conversation on social media? We hope to see you there!