Keynote & Plenary Speakers
Get a sneak peek below at the exciting keynote lectures and plenary sessions that will be part of the IPVC 2024 scientific program.
All times below are in Edinburgh, UK Local Time – Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
If you want to be the first to know all IPVC 2024 updates, sign up for our newsletter here.
Tuesday, November 12
OPENING KEYNOTE AND INTRODUCTION TO IPVC
- The role of respectful partnership in the delivery of global health goals, with particular reference to Scotland and Malawi.
Wednesday, November 13
PLENARY SESSION 1: HPV- The Fundamentals
- HPV replication throughout the life cycle
- HPV from infection to cancer
- HPV signal transduction-a target for anti-virals
PLENARY SESSION 2: Therapeutic cancer vaccines
- General concepts of cancer interception vaccines
- Combination immunotherapy of HPV-induced cancers, including T cell induction by therapeutic vaccines
- Clinical trials and promising results to date of therapeutic vaccines (together with immunotherapeutic agents) for HPV-related head and neck and cervical cancers
Thursday, November 14
PLENARY SESSION 3: Rapid, low-cost HPV cervical screening technologies to meet elimination.
- Overview of current and emerging technologies for low-cost tests to meet elimination goals introducing the concept of WHO prequalification of assays
- Screening trials with treatment algorithms of care as one aspect of the elimination program in LMIC
- Reaching the third target: Treatment for all.
Friday, November 15
PLENARY SESSION 4: Implementation Science
- An overview of principles of implementation science research with an HPV lens
- Implementation science of cervical cancer prevention strategies in Nigeria
- Use of implementation science to strengthen cervical cancer prevention in Argentina
- Vaccine Technology (preventative and therapeutic)
- Will Australia be the first to eliminate cervical cancer?