COMMERCIAL INFLUENCE AND BIAS
From EACCME Criteria for the Accreditation of Live Educational Events (LEEs)
- the education provided must be free of any commercial influence or bias
- the education provided must be free of any form of advertising
- educational sponsorship must be provided through an unrestricted educational sponsorship
- educational materials provided entirely by a pharmaceutical or medical equipment industry will not be considered for accreditation
- as a general principle, all scientific content of an activity must be clearly separated from the commercial component
All educational material must be free of any form of advertising and any form of bias.
The EACCME® will reject any application that, in its opinion, includes advertising of any
product or company directly related to any educational material.
Specific examples that will lead to automatic rejection of an application include:
- the use of a sponsor’s name, brand name, or product name in the title of the scientific program, a scientific session, or a scientific lecture
- the display of brand names and/or individual company logos in scientific lectures or in the scientific program
- the name of a speaker from industry in the scientific program, a scientific session, or a scientific lecture
- the use of the brand or product name of the equipment/software used during hands-on sessions in the title of the scientific program, a scientific session, or a scientific lecture